Injector replacement

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Matt. I'll look into that. I've been considering getting a scanner that interfaces with a laptop from ITP. But it's rather pricey.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
AutoEnginuity is a great tool if you plan on keeping your PSD for a long time. I highly recommend it, I got it from ITP.

I'm not sure about the 96's but the SD 7.3s have "crank shaft rotational velocity %change" PID. That can really tell you if you have an injector on the way out. A cylinder not contributing as much as the others will show more change than others.

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AutoEnginuity is a great tool if you plan on keeping your PSD for a long time. I highly recommend it, I got it from ITP.

I'm not sure about the 96's but the SD 7.3s have "crank shaft rotational velocity %change" PID. That can really tell you if you have an injector on the way out. A cylinder not contributing as much as the others will show more change than others.

Holy #$#^ that's a mouth full !!! I plan on keeping as long as I can. I'll have to wait on the tax man before I decide to buy it though. He may have other plans for my funds.

rodney_s

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Brad, I just put stage 2 injectors in my 96 f350. Got them from Ryan Casserly and couldn't be any happier. I see your in Beaumont, I live near Galveston.

Rodney

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brad, I just put stage 2 injectors in my 96 f350. Got them from Ryan Casserly and couldn't be any happier. I see your in Beaumont, I live near Galveston.

Rodney

What lead you to realize that you needed to replace them?? Other than it's a little slow to start when cold, and vastly poorer fuel economy, I don't have any other real indicators to show that I need to replace mine. Don't want to dig into the wallet that deep if I don't have to you know !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14