Injectors In

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
You want the long version or the short version?

Short version looks like this............ :thumbs ......

Long version......will follow with pics, trials and tribulations. Bottom line, Beans injectors are effen saaaweeetttt :sweet Took me about 6 or 7 hours with a good hour wasted on the right valve cover rear bolt.....that sumabich :sorry took me to school............ -mad But thats ok,,stuborness prevailed and I got the bolt out :D . Everything else was pretty straight forward.... I took lotza pics in progress...so when I get a little more time I'll process the pics and put them in a reasonable order. All I know is that I HAVE to do my tranny now, Ive got enough fuel to do some long term damage ifI dont get that TC outta there. This is just with the SCMT........when I get the chip(counting on ya "B" ;) )....Katy bar the door :eek: .

Quadzilla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to getting my Stage I's from Bean soon. It only took you 6 or 7 hours, and this was your first time pulling the valve covers, wasn't it? That's pretty good!

wanderer

Reaction score
Mike,

Here's a funny for ya. Thursday afternoon, a day after I re-installed the passenger side injectors, I pulled in the driveway, and there was oil pouring out under the truck. I looked down the driveway, and there was a line of oil coming from the road. Didn't know what to think, so I popped the hood to let it cool down before I diagnosed what I thought to be a major problem. Came back a little while later, and fired it up, (it was 2 quarts low), and I saw the problem. The o-ring on the high pressure rail, where I purged and filled, had blown. Simple fix, but messy on the driveway. :D

redneckhouston

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Bottom line, Beans injectors are effen saaaweeetttt :sweet Took me about 6 or 7 hours with a good hour wasted on the right valve cover rear bolt.....that sumabich :sorry took me to school............ -mad But thats ok,,stuborness prevailed

first time i did it, it took me bout 7-8 hours........now it takes me about 3 hrs if im just workin steady, but i did one set in a BIG hurry a while back....took 1 1/2 hours. them back bolts are cake if you have the right tools( swivel sockets and a air rachet). the last set i put in was a set of beans stage ones...impressive.....dyno'ed it the next day......324 hp with off the shelf TS extreme burn for mle0 ......beat my babies by 23 hp.....and it feels much stronger with the twildman programs we have now

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
So have you gotten some run time on them & the air all purged out yet to see how well they really do :D

Injectors sure are a bang for the buck aint they? :thumbs

Just be careful, intake plenum gaskets,silicone couplings,turbos,uppipe gaskets & trannies dont like the constant heavy foot.

Quadzilla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just be careful, intake plenum gaskets,silicone couplings,turbos,uppipe gaskets & trannies dont like the constant heavy foot.
Brian- would you care to tell us how you know that??? :) :)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Renegade said:
So have you gotten some run time on them & the air all purged out yet to see how well they really do :D

Injectors sure are a bang for the buck aint they? :thumbs

Brian,

I havent had a chance to run the snot out of them yet, only some minimal cross town driving. But you bring a good point up with the air purge, prior to installation I had a super fast starting PSD, hit the key and you were off to the races so to speak. Now I have to crank longer, but it does seem to be getting shorter as the time goes by. Is this an air issue and if so, will it eventually purge itself or do I need to do something?

On the tranny issue I have a Tugger kit and TC from Richter, I had planned on doing the install of those components as well. The morning after the injector install I began the tranny work. Just a normal driveway job. I got into it and decided it was more than I wanted to tackle alone with driveway tools -mad . So all I ended up doing to the tranny was the accumulator and valve body mods. I am going to take it in for the pump mod and TC installation. On a positive note though, the valve body and accumulator mods went well and the trans shifts much better. No more shuddering between gears. I think on my next fluid change I am going to drill the calibration plate one size bigger as I started out with the V-8 gasser settings. That is unless after the pump mod/TC install things firm up more yet, then I may well stay where it is.

I do have to say, the injectors are a great addition for the cost. Bean is building a very nice injector. :sweet BDP, I hope you read this Ryan. :thumbs

btw.... I still have all the pics from the install I have been so dang humped up with other stuff I havent had a chance to get them into a thread here yet.... :sorry

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I got into it and decided it was more than I wanted to tackle alone with driveway tools -mad . So all I ended up doing to the tranny was the accumulator and valve body mods. I am going to take it in for the pump mod and TC installation.

Glad you didn't bite off more than you could chew. Patience grasshopper...patience... :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58