Injectors.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how old are the glow plugs?

They're the OEM's John. (12 years/170K :eek:) No GP related DTC's.. or any others, but I think I may be getting a weak one, or two.. I'm getting a Real short stumble, at times.. as it cranks/fires up, a puff of smoke.. then it clears right up..

That's what has me thinking about Injectors too.. If I'm guna go "in there" for GP's @ 12 years/170K.. why not do Injectors too.. ?

That Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda thing.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Will do.

I've been in contact with many of our Site sponsors.. all have been strait forward and informative. Anything Reman is an issue with me.. I'd just as soon go New, with Injectors.. :dunno

I'm getting a little more smoke, at first start ups.. than I'm useta, but it IS a Diesel ;). Gave the ol' Boy a good (AE) Scan today.. Nothing showing, in any of the Modes so..we press on from here.

Joe

I'm guna move on this purdy quike I think. I'd rather have'm in hand.. than Need'm and not have'm. More to follow.

Oh yea, for the extra money, brand freakin new is the way to go. Not that I dont trust the reman companies, just would rather have never been used stuff in my truck. If yer spendin the money for injectors, a lil more money wont hurt. Well..............maybe a little haha. I always say.....if yer gonna do it, do it right the first time.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Joe, if you do go in make sure to repace the valve cover gasket/wiring harness while you are in there.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, if you do go in make sure to repace the valve cover gasket/wiring harness while you are in there.

Yep.. I plan on replacing the GP's, Injectors, VC gaskets, UVC harness and adding the retainer clips at the connectors.

;) I only wana go "In There".. Once :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.... It's a Done Deal. Ordered All Of The Above today.

And...... A Custom 4 position Chip, tuned to a.. "Better Than Stock" set of Injectors.

Take a week or three to get it all, due to the Holidays.. but I'll be Busy.. come the Middle of January fer shur. :sly

Merry Christmas to Me ? :D:D

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I will be interested to see what you end up with Joe. Keep track of the mods. And Merry Christmas to you. :tree

Dave :)

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be very interested as well. I "lurk", listen, and read quite a bit on here, but since my truck is just about to surpass 205,000 miles and I am setting out on a 2,700 mile drive in a few days, I thought I would chime in.

I've been told by at least 3 different people that do tuning, that more power and economy can be had from single shots.
Like who? Suppliers and tuners? I'm very interested in the possibilities of single shots. I haven't started doing any real research though.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I'm doing.

A modified (nozzles) set of Single Shots with a Tuner, custom tuned to those Injectors.

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
Kind of a thread jack, but is the valve cover wire harness sold for a decent price? If so, where? I think mine may be getting corrosion that gives me various readings when checking my glow plugs for resistance.

Drew

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58