installing egt gauge

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre turbo or you can have one of these nice pen holders...

From a post turbo pyro and a 1100 red line...

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can drill and clamp. Thats what I have on the drivers side.

Vinni

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Pre-turbo

Take your time when drilling the whole and perform the "step up" method wherein you start with a small hole (1/4inch) and then step up through the drill bits till you get to the desired size hole (i think it was an 11/32inch). Vacuum out the manifold when complete. Then take your time and tap it out using bearing grease as a catch for all of the shavings VS allowing those to settle in teh manifold and then go through the turbo at first start up...

The key here is taking your time... Keep in mind, the old saying - "measure twice - cut once"

broncobilly

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I installed my gauges; I drilled and tap the exhaust manifold. To be on the safe side I disconnected the exhaust pipe between the manifold and the turbo. Thanks to everyone that left me a message.

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
You did the smart thing. I have had both on my pickup. I found that the pre turbo was better. It registers faster than post turbo. When I am towing and have to turn the chip up, I found that you can really go over 1250 if you are using post turbo because of the lag time. I found that it was easier for me to go over 1250 than I had original thought while running post turbo. I feel better now with the pre turbo readings and can keep my foot out of it when it gets to high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14