Installing HPOP....Leave Springs in or Out?

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
I am installing a new HPOP in my truck...for anyone that has done this:

The little springs in the oil supply fittings (im guessing might be for drainback)...should I put them back in or just leave them out? They look kind of restrictive but I dont want to mess with drainback issues everyday either...anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
Casey

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
I know the ones you mean, and there should likely be a check valve below them. Not sure if there are any problems with removing them, but at a guess, I'd say leave them. If you have air in the rails, at shut down the pressure could blow air back thru the HPOP and cause it to start out dry when you start the engine.

Back in Chico yet?

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Yeah I am back up in chico..FINALLY putting the HPOP in...haha...I installed it without the springs following some advice from some other guys so i guess I'll see what it does over the next week and if need be I'll put them back in.
Unless anyone sees the possibility of this doing any damage???

Thanks for the reply guys,
Casey

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
I have had the HPOP in for a week now (havnt been driving too much due to a fuel leak which will be fixed tomorrow) and have noticed NO problems with leaving the springs out...In fact with the new HPOP and IPR the truck starts MUCH faster...The other day I went to start the truck (had been sitting for 2 days) and it spun over quick and fired very fast...VERY happy with my new HPOP and IPR :burnit

-Casey

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14