Installing WW w/out removing turbo or exhaust housing

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Is there only the wicked wheel or are there many different companies that make them?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there only the wicked wheel or are there many different companies that make them?

"Wicked Wheel" is just a marketing name. Not sure who, or how many manufactures there are but they are all made to the same Spec's.

What, and All it Really is ?... The compressor wheel IH and Garrett used on the early 99 7.3's... Enough Ford~PSD owners complained about the "Whine".. that Ford/IH/Garrett re-engineered it for the 99+. Whala... No Whine.. but along with that came a bit of a performance robbing Surge @ between 15 & 2000 rpm.

Whala.. Wicked Wheel, Scorpion Wheel, Competition Wheel... whatever... when the aftermarket folks picked up on it.

Joe

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Gotcha thanks for the info. I might have to get one. I read you can get a ported housing also. So one or the other will do the same thing? You dont necessarily need both? The housing is easier to install BUT is more expensive. The wheel is cheaper but harder to install. So most people just buy the wheel then? Are the turbos easy to rebuild?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha thanks for the info. I might have to get one.

I read you can get a ported housing also. Yes you can.

So one or the other will do the same thing? :No. One can/will enhance the other. (the ROI just isn't there, for the ported housing.. JMO)

You dont necessarily need both? :IMO.. No,

The housing is easier to install BUT is more expensive. :Yes.

The wheel is cheaper but harder to install. :Yes.

So most people just buy the wheel then? :Seems so.

Are the turbos easy to rebuild? :I've never rebuilt one.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg