Instrument cluster/dome/radio not working!!!

02shorty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So about a month ago i noticed my dome light and door light quit working. Didnt think much about it.The other day i was driving home when I lost all functions of the instrument cluster and my radio in my 02 SD. Stopped and checked fuses and sure enough one was blown so I replaced it.Everything back to normal. The next morning the same thing happened so i changed the fuse again..nothing...Ive done some research and this seems to be a common problem but have had no luck getting it fixed.Ive tried replacing the instrument cluster, checked all fuses, relays etc., and checked for the typical OD wire short. Any ideas of what else I could check to get this thing figured out? Note: The truck runs and drives fine and all headlights, taillights,etc work. The only thing i can tell that doesnt work is the instrument cluster, radio and interior lights.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your GEM module out. It's above the cab fuse block.

(windshield seals are known to leak some.. water drips on/into the GEM and corrosion starts.. takes awhile but Gremlins you describe begin to happen.)

Joe

02shorty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well i got it figured out..broken wire from fuse box to instrument cluster..thank god for chiltons manual. I also found out that the 02-04 SD does not have the GEM its actually integrated into the instrument cluster itself-dumb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14