Intake chiller

JRNOLL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at the kit but not seeing the inside of the device I don't think it would be that effective. It looks like it is designed for the drag race group. Short time cooling,
by the size of the bottles. that's my $.02 .

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another description somewhere that says it could be hooked up to a freon system....so it could run off something like an a/c system. I agree that it wouldn't be worth it if it was just a short C)2 burst, but if it could be hooked it to something more long term lasting:dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think so, The only thing I can see it doing is getting your money. You would be better with a water cold turbo. Witch I had one on my 83 turbo t-bird. Witch I still have the turbo.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think so, The only thing I can see it doing is getting your money. You would be better with a water cold turbo. Witch I had one on my 83 turbo t-bird. Witch I still have the turbo.

I don't think so either..Turbo Diesels need to gulp massive amounts of air. Trying to cool the intake air, in the CFM's of a turbo diesel's needs, with something only 10 inches long.. just wouldn't be effective.. IMO.

The theory & concept is good though.

Our Inter-coolers do the same thing (theory wize)... maybe better ?

I'm think'n this thingy is for the Ricer, Gasser group ?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed...agreed....

But what about a BIGGER setup. it wouldn't be hard to make a double hulled canister and put two fittings at each end. It says it could comliment the affects of the intercooler, just wonder how much. I think the air would pass through too rapidly (like you said Big Joe) to do a major affect on the air temp. I think you could get more out of water/meth injection, but it would be a higher risk imo. If I had the money to throw away...I'd play with a custom set-up....maybe. I still got a list of things to do though lol (prob gonna replace hub assy tomorrow)

Water cold turbo?...never heard of that.

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it indicated in the description that it is designed mainly for normally aspirated engines, If it is getting cool enough to make an impact on a PSD then you have the potential for ice formation inside your intake especially here in the humid south.

on a sub 4 liter displacement in a NA application it could help some but not enough to spend $300 on, not to mention that if you were using freon or other compressed gas/liquid system you would use more power from the engine than the cooler air would gain you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58