Question Intake Elbow?

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide if a intake elbow would benefit me. My mods are listed in the signature... I really do not want to do head studs so i am keeping the HP/TQ to a minimum. Fuel efficiency is my primary concern. IS a elbow worth the 250+ price? if so can someone recommend a site/brand for best bang for the buck!

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so...sounds like a high air intake manifold to me:dunno. Think i would go with the head studs to protect myself. It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. Just my opinion....

JRJ04

Reaction score
I am trying to decide if a intake elbow would benefit me. My mods are listed in the signature... I really do not want to do head studs so i am keeping the HP/TQ to a minimum. Fuel efficiency is my primary concern. IS a elbow worth the 250+ price? if so can someone recommend a site/brand for best bang for the buck!

There has been talk that this intake elbow on the 6.0's can be beneficial for airflow, which ultimately affects mileage. If you dont want to pop a head gasket, id turn that diablo tuner down to the econo tune or make sure aren't running it hard.

I dont see gauges in your sig, so before I would get the intake elbow, I would get a good set of analog gauges, so that you can watch whats going on. That right there is going to prevent you from getting the head studs...for a while.

*On edit...if you want to have the most bang for your buck...sell your s&b air intake and put the stock one back in. the stock one has better filtration, and has proven to flow more than enough air up to 500hp applications.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Get guages before you hurt your engine! Many have hurt their engines with out the guages. Cheap insurance.

Dave

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see gauges in your sig, so before I would get the intake elbow, I would get a good set of analog gauges, so that you can watch whats going on. That right there is going to prevent you from getting the head studs...for a while.

x2

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, If you run without gauges you are rolling the dice, get gauges or a tuner that runs display settings- then you don't lock yourself into set gauges and can vary your display

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14