intake kit or replacement element

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am getting close to time for a new air filter and need some help. do i buy an aftermarket unit or buy a replacement filter and keep stock housing? thanks in advance:sweet

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The stock housing is a very good filter unit. It is a pain in the a$* to change, but there is not a better filter than the stock. It will flow a lot and filter it well. I get mine at www.filter1.com .

Dave

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
DragonSlayer,

Do both get an AFE Pro Guard 7 filter. It is a filter that reuses the stock plastic housing and flows more air while stopping the dirt the 4 layer gauze filters let thru. In two Donaldson changes or less cost wise it's paid for! Call us if you have any questions .

Mark @ DPPI

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Volant intake system is a good one or not? Any CEL issues with it?
Mark, do you have any pictures of the filter you describe above?

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
The only intake i would put on any truck would be the AFE stage 2. It lets the engine breath so much better over stock IMO, and it seems to filter very well also.

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark Craig said:
DragonSlayer,

Do both get an AFE Pro Guard 7 filter. It is a filter that reuses the stock plastic housing and flows more air while stopping the dirt the 4 layer gauze filters let thru. In two Donaldson changes or less cost wise it's paid for! Call us if you have any questions .

Mark @ DPPI
I'm interested in this OEM replacement PG7 filter my self.
Mark, can you give us any install details, etc.
PM me a returning customer price if you could.;)
Thanks!

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
PSD POWER007,

The replacement filter reuses the stock plastic filter housing, you just pull out the plastic filter media that is in there now and insert the AFE and reinstall it etc. Pretty simple and flows more air, not as much as a StageI or Stage II system but an improvement vs a stock Ford filter.

Mark @ DPPI

99RedTA

spoolin up
Reaction score
I've got the K&N Intake system, not sure if it's any better than any other system, but i would deffinatly go with a whole system instead of just the filter. jmo.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i oredered my pro gaurd 7 yesterday...Kenny @ DPPI said it should be here tommorrow...i'll get it in and see how it works.:thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14