intake

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
fastaschit18 said:
ok lets see after 400hp the rods need to be replaced?
so that means after you replace injectors get ready to pull her apart?

sounds like a cummins swap would be easier
also im getting a code p0476
i do a koer test and i dont get any movement of waste gate on turbo truck is really really slugish on bottom, is that the v8 or something elese?

In 2001 they switched materials from forged to PM on the rods. The 6 OHS have PMRs too but they are designed to be that. The PMRs are brittle and won't hold the power.

POKE HERE for pics of an inspection hole so you can see what you have.

The p0476 is an exaust back pressure valve range/performance code. Could be a malfunctioning EBPV if you are really low on power. Boost would be low too! That code is also known to be caused by a bad back pressure sensor or clogged tube going to that sensor. You can unplug the EBP electrically at the base of the turbo to see if that's the problem. Not sure on what test would make the acuator move, you need boost to make the actuator work I thought.:confused:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: No comment on the CTD swap....I'll keep my V-8. Just have to drive it different. BTW...my dad has common rail CTD.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
It will help! Turbo builds it's own backpressure...you want less pressure(2psi max, according to Garrett) after the turbo to get the exhaust out as quick as the exhaust wheel spits it out.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14