Integrated Brake Controller - When did they come out?

rhack

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What model year did the integrated brake controller arrive? Is it standard equipment or part of a package or model?

Thanks.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
it is part of the TOW command system
then for an added bonus get a dually with 4.30 gears and get a TOW boss package,
includes the brake controller and a an axle gear that pulls mountains, plus a gcvwr of 26k pounds
i love mine:D :D
oh if you have an 05 without it from the factory it can be retrofitted, need a new brake master cyl, and some pcm/ecm updates plus th econtroller and the trailer tow package, etc

rhack

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks PowerboatR. Exactly what I needed. Thats some hauling power you've got there.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will love the Integrated Brake Controller, It has the smoothest stops you will find with any RV. Old man TowBoss and his 4.30 gears can move anything, but I still like the 4.10
You will fall in love with your new Ford Truck pulling a RV.The PowerStroke just does it so easy.:thumbs

mettech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
TC

TC was one of the major reasons for us to purchase the F-350. The system is outstanding. I will not own anyother truck with out one.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Integrated Brake Controller is the best on the market. They got this one right the first time. You get a beep if the power cord comes unpluged to let you know that you don't have any brakes. The meter lets you know if you have low power going to the brakes.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
WD40 said:
Ford Integrated Brake Controller is the best on the market. They got this one right the first time. You get a beep if the power cord comes unpluged to let you know that you don't have any brakes. The meter lets you know if you have low power going to the brakes.

I have agree 100% with this, the IBC is fantastic at trailer braker application always providing the right juice to stop teh trailer, I get smooth stops with no jerking or frame flexing, hitch pin just rides along all happy. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim