intercooler

fordmedic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
just thinking about getting one. So whats the good ,the bad , and the ugly?

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
fordmedic said:
just thinking about getting one. So whats the good ,the bad , and the ugly?

Good - lower EGT's, denser air charge

Bad - More lag... gotta pressureize more

Ugly - More junk under the hood, have to cut front end sheet metal so everything will fit

I plan on doing it. I gotta call powerstrokeshop back but i was checking their catalog and it says 277 for a brand new 7.3 intercooler & 226 for a 6.0. If those prices are correct then that is awesome since the cheapest you really can find a used one is 100 bucks. I'm willing to spend the extra to have a brand new one. I'm gonna get pipes from gts-motorsport.com. Not a bad deal & I am picky about having things look nice so making my own is out of the question.

fordmedic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:
Good - lower EGT's, denser air charge

Bad - More lag... gotta pressureize more

Ugly - More junk under the hood, have to cut front end sheet metal so everything will fit

I plan on doing it. I gotta call powerstrokeshop back but i was checking their catalog and it says 277 for a brand new 7.3 intercooler & 226 for a 6.0. If those prices are correct then that is awesome since the cheapest you really can find a used one is 100 bucks. I'm willing to spend the extra to have a brand new one. I'm gonna get pipes from gts-motorsport.com. Not a bad deal & I am picky about having things look nice so making my own is out of the question.
Thanks for the good the bad and the ugly

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have stock injectors and are planning on keeping them stock i would recomend getting a smaller exhaust housing for th eturbo. It would help eliminate lag caused by adding the ic.

luke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14