interesting article

Reaction score
Interesting article, jray!:thanks

It would be nice to see a follow up after a few years with regards to reliability. I.E., how many times does each truck have to go into the shop with problems, maintenance, etc. That's the one big knock I hear on the Duramax's. I have a friend who is a chevy tech and even he wouldn't buy a Duramax because of it's service calls.:eek:

John

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
oddly that article gives completely contrary results from the same comparison by Diesel Power Magazine this month.

Fine69

Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
oddly that article gives completely contrary results from the same comparison by Diesel Power Magazine this month.

Chevy must have bought a bunch of advertising space in that mag to win.:roflmao

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
it sounds more like a test of how smooth it drives not the strongest if your gonna test them on strenght get all regular cab 8ft bed dually 4x4 autos STRIPED bare bones like a real work truck and do some heavy haulling.... dont test drive living room couches!

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Chevy also has their new engine in there.

They should do this in about 2-3 years when Ford has the new engine in there :sweet.

Not to mention I think Chevy and Edmunds.com are in cahoots because they're always advertising new Chevy deals. Never see Ford stuff though.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
jray3369 said:
Hmmm, take the Ford, with the lowest horsepower and torque ratings of the three, load it up with more weight than the others, and then complain it didn't tow as well? Of course, even with lower power ratings, with 4.30 gears, it really should have been comparable to the other two.

I guess this just clarifies and quantifies what I've been saying about the 6-liter ever since I drove my brother's. They act like a gasser, and have the power of a gasser. I'm not impressed.

Oh, and Scarlet, it is strange that you say what you said about the D-max, since I have several buddies that are Ford mechanics that wouldn't own a 6-liter if you gave them one. Maybe it is because they (mechanics) only see the broken ones, and don't see the ones that drive a million miles with flawless performance, that they have a biased opinion??? Why would they even know about the ones that run fine? I wonder if you asked a Dodge mechanic if he would own a Cummins, what he would say???

Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
Hmmm, take the Ford, with the lowest horsepower and torque ratings of the three, load it up with more weight than the others, and then complain it didn't tow as well? Of course, even with lower power ratings, with 4.30 gears, it really should have been comparable to the other two.

I guess this just clarifies and quantifies what I've been saying about the 6-liter ever since I drove my brother's. They act like a gasser, and have the power of a gasser. I'm not impressed.

Oh, and Scarlet, it is strange that you say what you said about the D-max, since I have several buddies that are Ford mechanics that wouldn't own a 6-liter if you gave them one. Maybe it is because they (mechanics) only see the broken ones, and don't see the ones that drive a million miles with flawless performance, that they have a biased opinion??? Why would they even know about the ones that run fine? I wonder if you asked a Dodge mechanic if he would own a Cummins, what he would say???

Hoss,

The mechanic was a Ford guy, first. He said he would own a Ford 7.3 or a Cummins, but not Duramax or a 6.0. This was based on the number or service calls versus Duramax's their dealership had sold. His said the majority of the trucks all had a specific component fail within 100K miles (I don't remember the part, but I'll ask). His opinion was also based on feedback from other manufacture's techs he is in contact with. They compare notes and such.
But, I see you point as well. One can tend to be critical of their own product. Mechanics/techs are much like customer service reps in general....they never hear about the good things, only the problems. So, with all opinions, take them with a "grain of salt".
Especially, mine!:D

John:thumbs

superf350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:

You know what's funny is Tadd and DJ are or were Ford mechs and they own two of the baddest 6.0's on the planet! :burnit As far as the 6.0 acting like a gasser I doubt it. I had a 99 V10 and they are nothing alike!

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
superf350 said:
You know what's funny is Tadd and DJ are or were Ford mechs and they own two of the baddest 6.0's on the planet! :burnit As far as the 6.0 acting like a gasser I doubt it. I had a 99 V10 and they are nothing alike!
My dad's employee had an F-250 XL Triton V8 and they were nothing alike. I learned how to drive a stick on that thing :sweet

That thing was sloooowwww. Had to put it in 2nd to get it going good. First gear was 5 mph

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14