Interesting tow pics: "Walrus Breeding Tanks"

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tube itself looks to be about 10 feet tall and 70 feet long. If something was inside it, figure 6 foot diameter, and 60 feet long... The thing that is curious is the side door or square on the side.

I thought it was obvious: It's the entrance for the "walrus's".

Wait....

:)

Reaction score
That's a 10 axle trail king should be rated to almost 300,000 thats the same trailer that we converted to a 13 axle.

milliondollartrailer-1.jpg

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember pulling loads like that. I did that crap for 8 years. What a pain in the *****, but I got Paid really really good too.

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They used a set-up like that many years ago around here to haul powerplant generators/turbines to a small mountain town at about 6000 feet.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There a company here, I think it's GE that builds transformers and they use a rig like that to move them.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all should have seen the truck that hauled teh nuclear reactors into Phoenix for the Palo Verde Nuke plant. Made those rigs look wimpy. It had a tree of about 6 4 speed air shifters, as well as an automatic transmission. It had a rear steer pusher, too. I heard that when it was on the road that the top speed was 5 mph, and the support crew strung out for a mile, with mechanics, welders, flag trucks, etc. Crazy stuff. Always wanted to drive somethign like that. Once.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl