Interior door handle broken

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some help.. I feel like Luke Duke getting out of my truck :roflmao

I need to tell some back story first. Last year, I had an incident where the inside drivers door handle broke off. Actually, there's a screw that went into the metal in the door, anyways, the metal in the door came out. To fix this, I put a piece of aluminum stock behind the sheet metal, and screwed into that. Been working really well.

For a few weeks now, it's been pretty rough getting the door to open from the inside. And I broke the handle completely off last night. Got a new one today. When I got it taken out, it appears that the handle won't pull the cable enough to actuate the lock. If I pull it tight, then pull the cable just a bit more, it will go ahead & unlock. Is there an adjustment on this so I can put it back in and have it work right?

:thanks

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I've got a temporary fix for this. What I did was twist the handle portion, twisting the wire to make it tighter. I only turned it 4 or 5 times around, but it makes a HUGE difference. I'm thinking about going around to the other 3 doors and doing it to them too. It's like a new door, it's amazingly easy.

I do think that eventually this cable is going to break, and I'll have to get another cable and that will be the end-all fix for the problem. For now, though, I'm happy.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my handle act up with the mount broke off the door. I just welded it back to the door and I haven't had any problems since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58