Help Needed interior paint

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get some good color matched interior paint? I did a search of prior posts and couldnt find any related to this subject. My gauge pod will be here in a couple days and I want to paint it the same color as my interior. (med. flint gray)
My local autozone had a generic gray interior color that was close but figured I would throw the idea around here first since I have a few days before I paint it.

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just painted a my new pillar pod yesterday. I found a paint (SEM Color Coat PN 15163 Presidio) at a local automotive paint supply store that was very close and looks good to me. The owner also was able to find the Ford Medium Flint in his book and could make up a small can for about $20. I opted for the standard size can for $10 that was close.

I asked my local dealer and they didn't have anything to offer but a Ford parts guy on SOCAPS.com said he could get it (Ford Medium Flint) for about $10/can. If I can think where I saw it, one of the on-line merchants that sells pillar pods had it for $20/can also. If you're interested, I can send you a link to the SOCAPs guy or try and help find the on-line pillar supplier.

Last edited:

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to try my local auto paint supplier, I bought something from them about a year ago that was hard to find. (just can't remember what it was). I am trying to buy it locally instead of having it shipped.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get some good color matched interior paint? I did a search of prior posts and couldnt find any related to this subject. My gauge pod will be here in a couple days and I want to paint it the same color as my interior. (med. flint gray)
My local autozone had a generic gray interior color that was close but figured I would throw the idea around here first since I have a few days before I paint it.

DieselManor has the paint your looking for.

DieselManor - Plastic Gauge Pod Interior Paint

Barrett

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Barrett, I saw that Diesel Manor had the paint but I was trying to avoid having it shipped. I sent an email to Diesel Manor a couple weeks ago with a couple questions when I was still looking for my gauge package and never received a response from them :dunno Maybe they were having a busy week but I will probably avoid them if I can.
Bottom line the local Carquest will match the paint and put it in a can for me :clap:

David Murphy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My apologies for not responding to your email. We usually reply back to every email we get within a day. If you need some painting tips, we have them on our installation sheets page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58