Interior plastics

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I'm going to assume some of us are getting 8-lug magazine. In the last issue they did a write up about a company called "Aquasun". They do the F-650 Himarc conversions, as well as a ton of other stuff, down in Florida. They talked, very briefly, about a process called Hydroclave that they perform on the interior plastics (dash bezel, seat controls etc.). The pictures in the article show these pieces after completion and they look AWESOME! They do it Burlwood, carbon fiber and brushed aluminum and so on. It seems like its a shrink wrap/ vaccuum wrap kinda deal. Does anyone here know anything about this?

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
There is a company in Columbus, GA that "coated" some of my interior pieces.

They use a process called Final Finish. HERE is a link to the thread I started when I got all of my interior pieces back and re-installed in the truck.

They can do anything from camo (several diff. patterns), marble, cargon fiber, solid colors, etc.

Here is the process

Here is the link to the patterns that they can do.

Here is a link to some of the diff. products they have done.

Joe, it looks like your truck is the same year as mine and also has the Lariat trim.
If you are looking to match up the same wood look as the ones on the door panels,
you will want to choose the following pattern. Its a very good match.

collection - wood II
pattern - burlwood
base coat - dark brown.

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a company in Columbus, GA that "coated" some of my interior pieces.

They use a process called Final Finish. HERE is a link to the thread I started when I got all of my interior pieces back and re-installed in the truck.

They can do anything from camo (several diff. patterns), marble, cargon fiber, solid colors, etc.

Here is the process

Here is the link to the patterns that they can do.

Here is a link to some of the diff. products they have done.

Joe, it looks like your truck is the same year as mine and also has the Lariat trim.
If you are looking to match up the same wood look as the ones on the door panels,
you will want to choose the following pattern. Its a very good match.

collection - wood II
pattern - burlwood
base coat - dark brown.

I thought you were talking about Immersion. They have been doing this for a very long time and are very good at it. I'm about to get my wood grain covered with their carbon fiber pattern in my new truck.:sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about Immersion. They have been doing this for a very long time and are very good at it. I'm about to get my wood grain covered with their carbon fiber pattern in my new truck.:sweet

Yep, Immersion is correct. They are like the headquarters or something and Duracoat uses their process, I think that is how it works.

drchris gave me the tip on Duracoat.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I talked to a sign shop today and they said they could wrap all the pieces in a carbon fiber thick mil. vinyl..........not sure. I might let them do one piece and then check it out.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I talked to a sign shop today and they said they could wrap all the pieces in a carbon fiber thick mil. vinyl..........not sure. I might let them do one piece and then check it out.

Yep, at least try one. I know the Immersion shouldn't peel off and mine still looks good after a year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58