Intermittent Edge Insight issue

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Hey guys... hoping someone here could point me in the direction I need to solve this problem. I will first start off by saying... that I have had the Insight for over a year and it has never done what it is doing now. I received my custom tunes from Eric at Innovative Diesel yesterday. Since loading them onto my truck... the Edge Insight will come on like normal, but turn itself off. Sometimes it turns off after a few seconds of driving, sometimes a few minutes. Sometimes it wont turn off. But for some reason... it will not stay on the entire time. Why it is doing this... I don't know. I am guessing it has to do with the tunes, but could possibly be the Insight itself.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? And if so... how did you solve it? Or would it be better if I contacted Edge Products themselves? Thanks for reading and for whatever help you all can provide me.

- Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would contact the people who sold you those tunes. It is their problem and they know how to fix it, hopefully.

Dave

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Well,

I contacted Eric @ID... and was told that he has heard of this issue when the Insight is not running on the current Firmware. So... I downloaded the latest firmware, and still had the same issue. I was told by another employee at ID that if I plug the insight in while the truck is off... it will show that the vin was not detected. If I hit enter and let me chose the Ford PID selection... then turn the truck on... that might make it work. I tried that this afternoon and it seems to have worked for the moment. I need to make a few more short drives to see if it will shut off again.

If it does... I am going to remove the tunes and run the truck stock. Obviously if the Insight stays on like its supposed to, then the problem is in the tunes. I will post my findings here as I eliminate the problems one by one. Hopefully I can fix this issue as I need to be able to see what the truck is doing while running tunes AND the EGR deleted.

Will keep you all posted.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that fix was discovered by someone else not ID ,, keep us posted ,, i ran the same but haven't had any issues

if you swap tunes I suggest Matt at gearheads

Last edited:

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ps Matt at gear heads handles the egr delete better and lets you still run the insights stagged alerts because his tune won't show the code or CEL Eric's just blocks the CEL not the codes

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Thank you for that thread post. It was strange reading it and seeing other people having the same problem as me. I couldn't get any of the Ford Specific PID's to work. Now that I know how to change them... I will revert back to the Ford PID's.

What a weird issue to be having. Has it been determined that the problem in fact lies in Eric's tune from ID? Or is this just a casualty of tuning the truck? Are the tunes safe to run if they cause problems like that? I don't want to worry about driving the truck.

Either way... as long as the insight works... I should be safe. I do have ARP Headstuds, new headgaskets, EGR Cooler delete, new oil cooler and all related gaskets. I do run the Xtreme Race tune but feel it may be too much for the street as a truck my size with an 8" lift and 37's should not be moving that quickly. Although I do love that feeling! HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the help... and I hope that this is a cure for the truck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14