Intermittent no start

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I try to start the truck it just cranks without firing. I can crank for a while and its not even trying to fire. But if I turn the ignition off and try again it will start within 2 seconds.

Anyone ever experience this?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What do you drive??? Fill out your signature by going to the USER CP in the BLUE LINE above. Tell us what you drive and where, in general, you live. This will help us to help you.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you drive??? Fill out your signature by going to the USER CP in the BLUE LINE above. Tell us what you drive and where, in general, you live. This will help us to help you.

Dave

What Dave said and.... Check & Clean yer Battery cable connections ?

Last edited:

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought I did. I'm in an early 99 7.3L 6spd 2wd. Cable connections are great too. It cranks well, but intermittently won't fire. Like I said though, if I turn it off and try again it fires right up.

And I did have the cps recall done but that didn't help any.

Last edited:

Smithereen

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Could it be something with the ignition switch that sometimes doesn`t contact properly?Just thought I would throw that out there.:dunno

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
are you waiting to start yet?? when ever it gets in the 60s I wait till the light goes out and crank. its been cold here in the mid west.

changed you fuel filter lately? give us some more to go on to help you out pls :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check all the ground wires under the hood ?

There's a bunch of things under the hood that are Independenly grounded...on the fenders, firewall, radiator support.. and so on.

Back'm off and re-tighten ??

:dunno

Joe

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you waiting to start yet?? when ever it gets in the 60s I wait till the light goes out and crank. its been cold here in the mid west.

changed you fuel filter lately? give us some more to go on to help you out pls :D

Yep, I even wait when its hot out. But thiss issue has been happening all summer (i'm in ohio).

I guess I'll try going through all the grounds I can find under the hood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14