Introduction

purplewg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New to this forum. I have an 04 with the 03 motor and just took it in for it's first problem after 11,000 miles. The turbo had acted up since about 5-6K but not all that bad. I figured it was the VGT sensor. Well I was pulling a stock trailer last weekend and the only time I could get any boost was if I could get the rpms over 2,100. It was a real pain. Anyway I took it in and they replaced the turbo, sensor, and housing. Seems to be ok now but I have only driven it one time.

As far as recalls, I know mine will be affected as it is within the build dates. Problem is I had the dealer check it and I have checked and currently it shows no recalls. I have a friend who bought his about two months after me and his VIN shows one recall even though the dealer told him he had three. I'm sure mine needs the wiring and CAC recall. Oh well, I guess I will give another couple of weeks.

Anyway hi from Florida guys. :cowboy:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome to our site purple. Stick around, there are some pretty good folks here willing to share knowledge and experiences.

Mike and the staff.

VIZARD

"Saddle up!"
Reaction score
Welcome.

Some customer satisfaction bulletins are refered to as recalls but, only show up on internal Ford communications. Recalls however are can be found at the public Ford web site and of course with the federal boys.

Recalls are typically safety and emmisions related while customer statisfaction is about the other stuff that aggrevate us but the feds could care less about.

You won't usually get a letter for customer satisfaction issues but when your dealer puts your VIN in their system he may find retro fixes that you are unaware of.

purplewg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, I have checked all the normal recall paths and had the dealer check. So far nothing on my VIN. Maybe it is taking them a while to make the list up. :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58