Ipod hookup

BRYAN-2002-7.3

Bone crusher
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys I did a search, but I did not find anyting helpful. For x-mas my bro got me an Ipod and I would like to hook it up in my truck. I have the Pioneer deck DEH-P6800MP(http://www.crutchfiel0d.com/S-pPOrvo...p?i=130DEHP680). I have the Ipod jack in the bottom of the deck but I can't find a wire thats fits. I've tryied best buy and circuit city.

I was told That I can get the Pioneer Ipod power module that gose behind the dash to the back of the radio and have the cable coming out of the glove box or somewhere up front. So between module, cable and labor I'm looking at about $100. Is there anyway better way to do this? My best buddy has the Itrip but that thing is a pos it never works right. Or since the deck is Ipod ready with the front jack where can I get the cable for it? I'm gana try sound advice tomarrow.

In the long run I guess im just gana have to spend the money but I alwasy like to know what I'm doing before I do it .

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Dude, just get the CD-IB100II and install it yourself, its basically plug-n-play. All you have to do is hook up the power and ground wires to your exsisting radio harness directly behind your deck, solder works best but tap splices are quick and easy and have a better hold than butt-splices. Next you have a ip bus cable that simply plugs into the deck and the ipod adapter. Then just route the ipod plug, that's already attached to the adapter, to wherever you will be placing your ipod. In my '03, I just ran mine down to the bottom of the dash and set my ipod in the little storage tray below the AC controls.
And by using the ipod adapter you can fully control your ipod through your deck w/ your remote. I wouldn't give my DEH-P980BT/CD-IB100II setup for anything else.:sweet Do it dude, it's worth it.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the "jack" on the front of the unit is a "MINI-JACK"...personally id buy
the pioneer IP-BUS devices...youll get better control & display info than
using some cheap cable.

IP-BUS CD-IB100 will even charge your ipod while its plugged in (the mini
jack connection wont do that either).

the IP-Bus devices require 3 connections, power, ground & the ip-bus
cable connected to the back of the radio...you can string multiple devices
together...bluetooth phone, cd-changers, mini-disc changers etc...

you bought the Pioneer Premier...take advantage of its features !

iPod Adapter Ready - with Full Control!

Attention current and future iPod owners: this deck can be your gateway to taking your iPod music collection on the road! The new Pioneer iPod Adapter (CD-IB100II or CD-IB100) is now available to add to your Pioneer headunit. Once you connect this adapter, you can control your iPod through the headunit and even view album, artist, and other music info on its display. The Pioneer iPod adapter powers your iPod and even re-charges its internal battery. Pioneer's Full Control solution is unmatched - operation with the Rotary Commander is virtually identical to the actual iPod control, and the three-line text display is intuitive and responsive.

BRYAN-2002-7.3

Bone crusher
Reaction score
holy s99t thanks guys for all the help. This forum, unlike other forums anwsers quick with good advice. thanks guys

Bryan.

now i'm gana start to read and research all the links in this thread thanks once again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58