IPR??? Can it work intermitent

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the sensor that plugs into the oil pump cover work sometimes and then quit when ever it wants.

I did EGR delete and maybe i pulled on the wires or chafed them but my truck quit after driving continuous 150 miles pulling the RV, it said the P2623 code, the truck refired after sitting for 10 minutes or so, then drove another 15 miles where it quit again. I dropped the RV and it refired after i had wiggled the loom that i had disconnected and then i drove it 160 miles home and it never quit one time, i had some body else come get the RV and tow it.

This sensor is a real pain to get too so i just wondered if it could be confirmed before i tear into it. I did the wire loom wiggle only the one time so I can't say if it would have worked the first time it died because i had not looked it up online at that point, it was after it died the second time i wiggled the loom and it fired just not sure of any connection.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Oldbull8

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sure can work intermmitent. If the tin nut holding the solenoid coil on is loose. Wiggling the harness may have pushed the coil back on. Been reports of high heat causeing a problem also.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, after the initial shutdown, i drove the truck for about a month and never had a problem, then in one weekend it shut down three times, leaving me walking twice and pulling it home once. I was going to tear into it and remove the sensor but I wanted a professional opinion. took it to a local shop and they tested everything and they also thought it was the Sensor under the turbo. After some discussion about how long it would take me to remove everything to do it myself (having just had all that stuff out for the eger delete) i decided to drop the seven hundred dollars and they did it in 1 hour and only had to remove the FICM because they have a custom wrench/socket that will twist down in there and get on the sensor. Runs great now for 3 weeks. The end of the old sensor had a screen that i had replaced during the EGR delete, it was all buggered up and had debris on it. You just cant keep it clean enough when you do an oil cooler replacement I guess.
The sensor was $265. the labor was $300.00 and the scan Was $115.00

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58