Is it really the pedestal leaking? PICS!!!

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 97 when I replaced the turbo, I knocked an o-ring off between the turbo and the pedistal. All the oil went down. And a LOT went down. Nothing up like on your hood, ect. But the 97 didn't have a cooler. Have you looked to see where it is coming from with the truck running?

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Is there a pool of oil in the back of the valley below the pedestal? Is there oil running down the backside of the block on the passenger side? How long did it take to look like that? Sorry for all the questions. Whatever it is, it looks like the oil is in a vapor form, but it seems like too much to be the CCV.

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a pool of oil in the back of the valley below the pedestal? Is there oil running down the backside of the block on the passenger side? How long did it take to look like that? Sorry for all the questions. Whatever it is, it looks like the oil is in a vapor form, but it seems like too much to be the CCV.

Yep, oil in the valley and it's running down the block. (my poor driveway, you know a Ford parks here :) )

I noticed the problem starting about a month ago ~3,000 miles.

I'm thinking plenum boot. Headed out now to get everything cleaned up.

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I fixed it! The clamp that holds the spider to the compressor housing was barely finger tight allowing boost to open the seal and apparently blow oil through.

Pulled everything apart, cleaned it up and reassembled. Hopefully that was it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14