Is my '99 a '99?

Locojonny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all. As some of you have seen, I've posted a few times about which power programmer or chip to get for my truck. After digging a little further, I'm REALLY starting to get confused. My p/up is registered as a '99, but the manufacture date on the door jamb is 3/98. I was on the Bully Dog site, and they say to get the '97-older 6 position chip. I've e-mailed them to confirm this, but haven't gotten a response yet. Can any of you guide me to a thread, or maybe shed some light on this?

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kinda truck is it? Superduty? 250 or 350? I don't think there even was a 98 F250, so that would answer that. If it's a Superduty, it's a 99.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yep, yours is considered an early 99. There is lots of history on this subject if you choose to research it. Basically Ford wanted to intro the new Super Duty line of pickups for the 98 model year (ending the box version of the 94-97 PSD commonly knows as the OBS) but for one reason or another did not get things rolling soon enough so in 1998 there was an F-250 light duty manufactured, gas only and it looked like the F-150, later it was called the 7700. And they were kicking out the Super Duty line mid year 98 and they were tagged as 99's. Then very late in 98 early 99 the now dubbed 99.5 hit the market and had a few upgrades over the early 99 such as your truck.

Really......... thats the short version, the long version could fill a University Library.

Locojonny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry 'bout the lack of info, sig has been updated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14