Is this a good deal?

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a few intake systems on ebay. I think I like this cheap version the best. Any thoughts, comments, concerns, gripes, complaints, and/or anything else to say about it. :dunno

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well I would question the "mystery" filtering element. I didn't even see where it said what type of media it was. Looks to be a oiled cotton guaze type. Made by who? How many layers?

I am not a fan of oiled CGF. I ran an Airaid setup(5-layer) for about 20k miles. In the conditions I drive in, I was cleaning the filter often and developed pinholes that you could see when looking through the inside at the sun. :eek: Our trucks use ALOT of air! The media is the key to any intake system you go with.

I currently use a NAPA 6637 filter. I'm only getting about 15k out of them in my neck of the woods. Pavement princesses can get 30k I'm told. :dunno I've found a cheaper source than NAPA for the filters on the net. It looks like the cost/year on them for me is going to be around $40.

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planing on changing the filter with something that I could trust. I was looking at these for just the basic setup. I will prolly go with the napa or someething that has been proven just to be sure.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
I was planing on changing the filter with something that I could trust. I was looking at these for just the basic setup. I will prolly go with the napa or someething that has been proven just to be sure.
If you go with the Napa set up they have a filter sale for perferred customers that gets you a 6637 for $16.38. It happens twice a year around here and I think Sept. 16-21 are the days this fall. If you know someone that does alot of buisiness there see if they will help you get one. The oil, fuel, and air filters in the gold series are all included. Fuels were $15.50 and oil $7.50. :thumbs

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
I was looking at these for just the basic setup. I will prolly go with the napa....

I used the stock intake tube from the CCV to the filter. As a coupler I used a piece of 4" exhaust that I had left over from my exhaust. Same thing I used when I removed the CCV. Nothing more basic in my book. :sweet

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
Found a few intake systems on ebay. I think I like this cheap version the best. Any thoughts, comments, concerns, gripes, complaints, and/or anything else to say about it. :dunno

My humble opinion is that you should not ever try to save money on an item that is supposed to be protecting your $10K engine. I would trust this in my truck about as far as i could throw it. The Napa filter everyone is talking about is a great and inexpensive way to get good filtration. AFe also makes a good filter in their ProGuard7 series. Anything other than AFe PG7 or a paper filter like the Napa filter just doesn't go under my hood. No K&N, no cheapy rip-offs, etc. Just my .02!

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
"Adds at least 5 - 15hp and 12-16 horsepower to your current performance while adds cooling edge to your car. Most importantly, it is proven to substantially increase horsepower."
Does this part of the description sound kinda strange? or is it just me?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
And the guy can't spell or string together a proper sentence. Yeah, I'd put a LOT of confidence in what he tells me! :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl