Is this Turbo Surge?

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
Three hours into towing my 14,000 trailer, I felt the truck jerk a couple of times. When it happened the 3rd and 4th time, I noticed on my Turbo Boost gauge it sweep from 15 lbs to 35 lbs very quickly. There was not noticeable power decrease because it happened that quickly. It did it a couple of more times in the next several miles. Then about 30 miles and no hesitation.

I tried to duplicate it today unloaded, but it would not do it again.

It almost seemed like the turbo vanes stuck for just a quick second and then the back pressure unstuck it and it would return to normal.

Am I looking at a turbo problem?

My warranty (bumper to bumper) is over come the 10th of October. If it is the turbo, would this be covered under the 100,000 warranty?

Any ideas?

This is the first tow since the recall and there has not been any problems up till now.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Puddle Pirate said:
Three hours into towing my 14,000 trailer, I felt the truck jerk a couple of times. When it happened the 3rd and 4th time, I noticed on my Turbo Boost gauge it sweep from 15 lbs to 35 lbs very quickly. There was not noticeable power decrease because it happened that quickly. It did it a couple of more times in the next several miles. Then about 30 miles and no hesitation.

I tried to duplicate it today unloaded, but it would not do it again.

It almost seemed like the turbo vanes stuck for just a quick second and then the back pressure unstuck it and it would return to normal.

Am I looking at a turbo problem?

My warranty (bumper to bumper) is over come the 10th of October. If it is the turbo, would this be covered under the 100,000 warranty?

Any ideas?

This is the first tow since the recall and there has not been any problems up till now.

To answer the warranty question: yes, turbo is covered under 100k warranty, but you pay a $100 deductable after the B2B warranty expires. All four of my turbos have been replaced under warranty (is that a good thing??).

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
To answer the warranty question: yes, turbo is covered under 100k warranty, but you pay a $100 deductable after the B2B warranty expires. All four of my turbos have been replaced under warranty (is that a good thing??).

What was going wrong with your turbo that it needed to be replaced 4 times :eek: I have problems keeping my 'blue' tube connected to the turbo side. Seems to be a real lousey connection point on the turbo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14