ISSPRO Pillar guage

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Ok...so my ISSPRO tranny guage started acting up about 3 months ago. Gauge would constantly bounce around. Called ISSPRO and they sent me a new "box" that powers the gauge. Installed that and it did not fix the problem. Then I thought that maybe the wire from the box to the sending unti may be chaffed (I had it scured a little too tight with zip ties). Replaced that and now I don't have any bouncing around, but it takes quite a while for the guage to show any temp now. Its been so long since the last time it actually showed a temp that I cant remember what "normal" is any more. The last time I drove it for a while, it got up to 130 degrees after a bunch of in town driving, but it took quite a while to get there. The stock gauge of course was right in the middle after about 5 min of driving.

Is there still something wrong? I just can't tell if something is still wrong or not.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I had the bouncing around issue as well. I disconnected the wire at the sending unit, shot some contact cleaner in there, made sure it was nice and clean and then put some di-electric grease on the connector and have not had any problems since.

dpantazis

Reaction score
i have the same issue. i have checked and double checked everything.

user michael here is one of the isspro engineers. hopefully he might jump in here...

in my case, i suspect that its a flaky ground but i have not figured out where.

dpantazis

Reaction score
mine either works or it does not.... sometimes i wonder if i have too much cooling for the tranny with the 6-no cooler in there. i am in the flats and sometimes it just budges.

other times in the hills, i get a little freaked when it jumps up to 160-180 sending me on a mad scramble for the SDD phone help line LOL

JRJ04

Reaction score
mine either works or it does not.... sometimes i wonder if i have too much cooling for the tranny with the 6-no cooler in there. i am in the flats and sometimes it just budges.

other times in the hills, i get a little freaked when it jumps up to 160-180 sending me on a mad scramble for the SDD phone help line LOL

haha, i wish mine ran that cool down here. even with the 6-no cooler, i still run at just a hair under 160 in normal conditions and when im running hard on the beah in soft sand with not too much air moving over the cooler itll jump up to 200 in a hurry.

I need to put a valve inline so i can shut off coolant flow through the tranny in the summer.

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the bouncing around issue as well. I disconnected the wire at the sending unit, shot some contact cleaner in there, made sure it was nice and clean and then put some di-electric grease on the connector and have not had any problems since.

I had the same. New box and all. Redid the connection down at the pan, and it has been fine since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58