Isspro TTM in cold weather?

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone here has an Isspro TTM and lives in an area where it gets cold (real cold, not "waaaaah, it's 50 and I'm freezing" Florida cold... LOL ) when you installed the TTM, did you put in a kill switch? I've got an inquiry out to a fellow from TDS selling a new, never-installed TTM but I'm worried that, when it gets chilly, the automatic high-idle and the TTM will start conflicting with each other. I figure that for the times when I do want to shut the engine down, I could hit the kill switch to shut the TTM off and either (1) manually shut the engine off or (2) punch buttons on the AIC and run the engine in high idle but in warmer weather when I do want the TTM to work, I could turn off the kill switch and let the TTM do its job. Any thoughts on this...?

On edit: I added the (1)... and (2)... stuff

Last edited:
Reaction score
jvencius said:
If anyone here has an Isspro TTM and lives in an area where it gets cold (real cold, not "waaaaah, it's 50 and I'm freezing" Florida cold... LOL ) when you installed the TTM, did you put in a kill switch? I've got an inquiry out to a fellow from TDS selling a new, never-installed TTM but I'm worried that, when it gets chilly, the automatic high-idle and the TTM will start conflicting with each other. I figure that for the times when I do want to shut the engine down, I could hit the kill switch and manually turn the engine off but in warmer weather when I do want the TTM to work, I could turn off the kill switch and let the TTM do its job. Any thoughts on this...?
;) :) :D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I live where it gets a little chilly but what I am not to sure about it what the heck is a TTM?

Reaction score
Crumm said:
I live where it gets a little chilly but what I am not to sure about it what the heck is a TTM?

Turbo Temperature Monitor....lets you turn off and remove the key and lock up the truck, but the engine will continue to idle until a preset temperature is reached, and then shut of. It allows the turbo to cool to a safe temperature after hard running.

Rick "COB";)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I see. I have a remote start that has a two minute turbo cool down timer and it works good in the cold. There must be a way to bypass the TTM when you don't want it to conflict with the high idle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58