It happened...

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok what I with the mileage thing. Of course I don't drive as far as I use to. I use to put 200 miles aday on the PSD. But now I am driving 30 miles aday. I was getting 22 mpg before and now I am getting 11.5 mpg. What are somethings that I can check to try and pick the mileage back up.

air intake my friend. then filters air fuel everything. tires too. make sure they balanced and all that. some chips will help with fuel mileage too. good luck!

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have that look to me that says, "approach me in a gas station and tell me all about your truck" :eek: A couple days ago it happend twice, never before but then two times in one day. The first guy claimed 768 miles out of his 28 gallon tank (27.42 mpg) He must have have the new torque shift 8 speed trans. :roflmao I think when guys say this stuff they don't realize most of us will do the math.

The second guy claimed 18 mpg pulling his 16K 5er @ 75-80mpg.

They were entertaining to talk to but I hope this was a fluke! I don't have time for this in the morning.

i actually had one person pull up to the diesel pump in a dodge gasser, an old one with a 6 inch lift, anyways, he actually said he gets 27 highway and 21 in town! i just laughed and jumped in the truck! the best i have ever got was out of my 99 powerstroke cc long bed 4x4 it had 4 inch exhaust and 120hp chip, i cruise controlled 22.6 mpg on the highway, i was so thrilled! i never got that again. the best i got after was 20.7 mpg. the dumb cummins i have now gets 13 high way, and 10 in town 8 pullin.:(to sum it up never buy a dodge...even if its a good deal, cuz its not!

Fly-Guy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
a performance chip alone will get you better milage, on the performace setting I went from 16.0 to 18.7 gpm with no other mods, but hold on tho your hat on the performace setting, belive me nobody passes you unless you let them, by the way start saving more money for tires, you will burn'em right off the rims.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58