It is official, we are in a recession.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the neighbor kid calls me and wants to wash my 5th wheel, :eek:I know we are in a recession. Last year, even at $20 per hour, he was hard to find, and even harder to get to come to work.
Times must be tough. :eek:

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
be nice to find a washer here. nobody wants the work. they all wanna get rich quick here.

That's for sure. I need a good shop rat, but no one is willing to do it because they feel it is very labor intensive. Next thing I hear is how no one can find a job blah, blah, blah. :dunno

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I could be wrong about the recession....
It is 12:45 and he was supposed to be here at 10:00.

I guess I should not be surprised when a 27 year old who does not have a full time job, can't seem to make it on time. :dunno

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score

I guess I should not be surprised when a 27 year old who does not have a full time job, can't seem to make it on time. :dunno

Good Greif :rant

Scot

;()
Reaction score

There's a reason he doesn't have a job :dizzy I'm shocked by another issue. As bad as everyone thinks our Michigan economy is, I can't get businesses to even return a phone call. I have 3 out to concrete contractors in the last week with no call back. My Mom's husband tried all last summer to get some tree work done and had the same problem.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The secret to success in business??? return the phone calls. Anymore, it shocks people when you do return the calls.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Scooter is right on the money. I can't beleive how some people run their business these days. I called some contractors a couple weeks ago to get new gutters installed on the house. Called 5 contractors.....2 called me back. If I ran my business like that, I would be out of business!!!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The secret to success in business??? return the phone calls. Anymore, it shocks people when you do return the calls.

X2. I've gotten alot of work by simply calling back. And, alot by actually answering the phone. And then, if you actually show up on time for an estimate, people are amazed. Be on time, be nice, be patient, and you'll be ahead of most of your competition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58