It"s raining !!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've gone 50+ days here in Central Cali with NO rain. We're at 22% of normal rainfall. Temps in the 70's +, 80's on the Coast. NO snow in the mountains. Lakes are @ 10% of capacity (or lower). Many rivers are Dry. Water tables are at lower levels than in recorded history. Looks like NO river, aquaduct, or ditch water this year.

Finally getting some rain. Won't fix the drought problem by any means.. but at least it's rinseing things off, and cleaning the air up some.

Nice slow, steady, soaking Drizzel :clap:

Joe

Come-On RAIN !!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
We got our rain over the past two days. We got about an inch which is not going to get too far south. The Bay Area got a slight dusting of rain.

Dave :)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been reading where y'all are needing rain, we are real dry here also. Most all of the state in under a burn ban.
Praying we get some rain tonight and maybe over the next two days.
Doug

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope y'all get some rain soon. We need plenty in Northeast Texas too. The lake near me is 13 feet below normal. Need several "gully washers" to bring it up.
From what I hear, the California politicians have different ideas about how to fix the water problem.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hope y'all get some rain soon. We need plenty in Northeast Texas too. The lake near me is 13 feet below normal. Need several "gully washers" to bring it up.
From what I hear, the California politicians have different ideas about how to fix the water problem.

Yeah, throw more money at the problem. That will make it rain.

Dave :(

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, throw more money at the problem. That will make it rain. Dave :(

Yep :(

It's guna git ugly this summer.. Food Price Wize.

Just one example ? A Peach grower 'round here sez: [A] Peach will cost about $3.00.... with the cost of having to pump ground water, for the Peach crops.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know when the rain does come, it's not going to be a drizzle. For some reason it never works out that way. I hope none of you guys have houses on the side of mountains. I think cally going to have a big mud slide problem and flooding.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.. a good rain is supposed to be coming next week, followed by an even Better rain. We hope it will be a Soaking rain.. not a Downpour.

70's in Feb is nice, but not for the Agriculture side of things. Fruit & Nut Trees are blooming.. Bee's are busy.. Way Too Early.

Joe

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes we get a soaking rain and many times we get floods. As my wife's grandmother used to say "like a cow peeing on a flat rock". Right now I'd take just about any kind of rain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58