Its 50 but starts like 25?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
So I start my truck the last couple of mornings, and it starts like its freezing out, but its not. I run a 20 second delay remote start, so the glow plug light is out. I started this morning myself to make sure the light is out. It is, volt-meter tells the usual..that is that the plugs are lit for about 10 seconds after the engine starts. Starts right up, using Rotella 5w-40 synthetic, but its shaky like its real cold. Fuel filters are 2 weeks old, as is the oil, and the fuel is the same I've been using. Temps in a.m. have been 40-50, no big deal. Any thoughts? [BTW, its an 04 6.0]

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
No, fuel's good. Something isn't right. No re-flash or anything like that. How the hell can it just change? Is there some kind of sensor or something like that that makes the computer "think" its cold? Its romping like its been sitting for a few days in the snow. :confused:

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the PSD uses the engine oil temp sensor to tell if the truck is "cold" or not. Maybe there's a problem with it??

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bama, mine is doing the same thing even in high 50's to low 60's. I have been righting it off due to not having the flash done that is supposed to do something to the injectors. I can't remember exactly what it was. I am also experiencing erratic idling. I am experiencing the idling all the time not just when it is cold.

Scott

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Whats got me P.O.'d is that the truck just started this. It hasn't been reflashed or anything like that. I was in northern Maine a few weeks ago and it was cold in the morning. Truck was fine. Oh well, time to look for codes.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The Baro that you are referring to measures Barometric Pressure and not temp, but temp is measured.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58