It's a real pleasure....

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Making y'all's acquaintance and this is a fantastic site. I'm just Sam; better known in my close circle as "Grumpy Old Bast*rd" and lovingly by my wife and family as "Bald-Headed Floridian Bast*ard." I'll soon turn 60, I can't recall when I wasn't married, and my youngest will turn 40 this coming December. I'm slated to retire from City of Bloomington (IN) Utilities in 2011, at which time my intentions are to return to Florida where I'll eventually end up planted.

During late infancy, I regarded my dad's hand tools as the coolest toys a kid could have, and everyone soon discovered I was gifted at disassembly of anything with moving parts. My first real job was parts puller in a salvage yard while in high school; I moved up through the ranks to a couple of stalls in a Ford dealership; and, decided to pursue an alternate career path when shop rate doubled and flat rate stayed the same. In that both sides of my family were into towing/hauling/recovery, I did that off and on, OTR truck driver, and anything else that would feed and shelter my family. I landed tenure with the US National Park Service, became interested in environmental affairs and labor relations, got me some education, and here I am.

It's been a long and overall pleasant run, even the hard times, and The Blues and desire to go fast have kept me pretty happy and content. Hobbies have been drag racing, powerboats, sportbikes, off road wheeling, radio communications, automotive repair, home DIY projects, and RV-ing. Every couple of years I find some new area of interest. Life is fun....with the wife and family I have, there's never any shortage of excitement and amusement, and each year of my life gets better than the previous one. I am really tired of being 59 and can hardly wait for my 60th birthday and what the following year will bring.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58