it's about clutch time

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
well, what kinda and brand should i get.... was thinkin about a cerimetalic clutch from luk, i want something that will last when i want to put some juice to it, yet not break the bank, oh yeah need a single mass flywheel too.

Thanks
Neal

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't regret it,matter of fact you will say what took me so long.I went with a SBC Con-O.What a differance.I spent about 12 hours under my truck,I'm not much of a mechanic but I got er done.My son in law came just in time to slide out the tranny install the flywheel and clutch and stuff it back in.Good Luck!

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
Your on the right path wanting the cermettalic clutch from LUK. I had it on my 94' and was a strong little beast after that. Pedal effort was really nice also. From what I was told from LUK it will hold up to 1000 ft lbs of torque easily. I knew I would never hit that but the abuse is what would try to make it go down hill. It never once gave me a problem. On my newest project "Tow Boss" that is the first thing I am going to get.

Radarman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a custom LuK kevlar clutch and it is SWEET. nice smooth engagement, not grabby at all, in fact like stock engagement. About 1/3 less pedel effort too. I can bang it into gear on the freeway with engine at 3000 RPM and throttle pinned and it will not slip one bit; drops right down to the correct RPM in about half a second. (no I dont do that too often, I was testing the clutch :burnit) The cermettalic I had would not do that.:guns:

I would think twice about the cermettalic. THey are a bit touchy and with the one I had, my wife would not touch my truck. Said it was miserable to drive, and I have to agree it was wayy to touchy for most people.

Have a few pics here:
http://nigh.org/gallery/v/Chris/95Truck/SMFWInstall/

good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58