It's that time...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..of year again.. to think about, and give.. ALL our "Daily Drivers" a good, pre-winter check-out ?

Check & Clean the battery connections. (add [distilled water] if needed)

Check the tire pressures.

Check the Wiper blades.

Check all the fluid levels.

Check out the Block heater, cord/plug, and timer. (ext. cord too)

The Cold, Windy, Rainy, Snowy, Frozen Weather.. is Right 'round the corner... Guyz'n Gal'z.

:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Man you are such a buzz kill it's going to be near 70* here all week.:tounge All though it was 28* here this morning with a heavy frost I guess it's time to break out a jacket.:rant

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the hell you say!
that's warmer than us downstaters, eh?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you are such a buzz kill it's going to be near 70* here all week.:tounge All though it was 28* here this morning with a heavy frost I guess it's time to break out a jacket.:rant

;) I hear ya.. 100* yesterday, A/C on.. 74 today w/thunderstorms possible. Didn't happen, but maybe tomorrow. Snow @ 7000 feet.

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
block heater

Does anyone have a solid link or recommendation for me on a block heater cord? got under the truck about a week ago, felt above the starter and no plug, but i did feel the 3 prong kidney connection for heater element. Having trouble finding the cord to buy. And you guys mentioned a "timer" help here is appreciated as well as i don't want to run the heater all night if i dont have to. Maybe set it for 2-3 hours prior to needing to start it.

Thanks guys!

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
never found just the cord. It was only the "kit" for the heater element and cord. I just saved the heater element in case anyone needed it and just used the cord.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a solid link or recommendation for me on a block heater cord? got under the truck about a week ago, felt above the starter and no plug, but i did feel the 3 prong kidney connection for heater element. Having trouble finding the cord to buy. And you guys mentioned a "timer" help here is appreciated as well as i don't want to run the heater all night if i dont have to. Maybe set it for 2-3 hours prior to needing to start it.

Thanks guys!

You can get a block heater cord from IH, much cheaper.

Our block heaters pull about 12-1500 watts... so, yul need a (heavy duty) 15~20 amp capable timer. Home Depot/Lowes has'm. Yul also need at least a 12 gauge ext. cord. JMO ?

Yer call, but get (or make) an ext. cord thats Just long enough.. to reach from where the timer is.... to yer truck. (voltage/amp loss issues, due to cord length ?)

Joe

In Cold weather, 2~3 hours is Usually.. long enough. Cold/Cold/Cold ? Longer maybe ?

Last edited:

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I will normally set my timer to turn on at 1am and turn off at 6am when I leave for work. And I will normally run that for 32* down to about -10* and then I will turn it on and leave the timer on from the time I get home until I leave for work in morning when it's -10* and below.

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dont mean to sound Dumb, but what is IH?

Also is the timer like a generic timer you would buy to set say lawn lights? or stuff like that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58