I've found the combination...

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
I really never knew what you guys were talking about until I finally got my diesel. The guy I bought it from ran a 4 inch striaght pipe all the way...no kitty.....no muffler. I was worried at first, but I have turned into a lover of the whistle!

We were at Menards the other day and I had the wife run in to get some switch plates as I sat parked, and running, by the front door. As she came back she opened the door of the truck and said "It sounds like I am walking down the tarmac to the airplane". :roflmao

I love this truck!!!!! :grin

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To delete the muffler, or not delete the muffler, that is the question....:cool: I've been peeling through a host of sound clips and can't make the decision either way.

I don't want to anger the neighbors, but love the whistle while cruisin'. Should the muffler go next ? :wave

jwaring

Jim
Reaction score
Black06, that's a good looking truck! How does it sound on the highway? Any drone at higher speeds? I've heard that all straight pipe will drone some. I want to get a system that sounds great but I do a lot of highway driving.

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black06, that's a good looking truck! How does it sound on the highway? Any drone at higher speeds? I've heard that all straight pipe will drone some. I want to get a system that sounds great but I do a lot of highway driving.

In my honest opinion, cabin noise has not changed at highway speeds at all though I haven't heard it under a load (pulling trailer). There is a nice whistle at 8-9psi but the radio is off and you're listening through the wind noise and engine background symphony to really hear it at 70MPH.

I highway drive to work, and have avoided the radio talk-shows lately, opting to listen to the truck. That being said, the only time I've noticed anything in the cabin is at WOT - then she sounds like a mucle car.:sweet

Final assuredness I can offer is the best test of all. Wifey has a music degree from Michigan State (very tone sensitive I came to find out after installing the AIR HORNS):eek: :roflmao :roflmao , and she hasn't mentioned a word about cabin noise. :sly Killed the kitty without her knowledge a few weeks ago (early xmas present :open )....still not a word:cool:

I'd go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. :wave

Thanks for the compliment on the truck - you've got a great looking ride as well. These beasts are addictive.

jwaring

Jim
Reaction score
Heck yea they’re addictive! Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll go with an MBRP system when the time comes. :sweet Maybe Santa will drop one off for me! :chimney I’d like to skip the cat too, …and I guess I can always put it back on if my wife complains about the noise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14