Jeep Liberty Diesel question

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, Here is a question for you...I have a buddy here at work that is currently waiting on his new Jeep Liberty to come in, He has a chip on order, but was wondering if there are any other toys or mods out for it yet? Any help would be appriciated, I figured some of ya might have some knowledge in this department!

Thanks in advance everyone!

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
They have a Diesel engine in a Jeep Liberty? Wow, next you're gonna see them in the Chrysler Crossfire's...

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was very interested in one too until I heard they dont live up to the hype of mpg or power ..... and since I couldn't find one to test drive.... that's just the rumors I've heard.... no personal experience....

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Offer your buddy my condolances for the vehicle.

The mileage is spectacular considering what the "big" v6 gets for mileage (roughly 15) but they are horrid vehicles to drive especially for a remotely tall, 6' adult. Speaking from experience w/ ins co rental while truck was in shop. I've heard real world #'s for mileage from 25-28 w/ overly conservative long distance hwy driving slightly over 30.

TS performance has some performance chips I'm sure they would be able to direct him toward some more toys.

dpantazis

Reaction score
Jeep has done one good thing though....

Have a peek at maps.yahoo.com and map something, anything... look over on the right hand side of the menus and at the bottom radio buttons, and you will see a radio button for "Jeep diesel stations". I just noticed it recently.

Toggling the button will show stations that sell diesel. It's not a complete listing, my favorite stations do not show up (Speedway and BP). They all seem to be smaller, second tier stations (if you can say that).

However, add that to some marketing campaign, or tell some ignorant suburbanite, explain how easy it is to find diesel via yahoo maps, and you have now created the percieved ease of finding a fueling station.

I will give mb/mopar credit for doing something to make it easier to find fuel. It's too bad that VW or the big 3 didn;t figure it out sooner. Big oil propably did not feel the need to pay the advertising dollars for better exposure.

It's too bad one of the trucker associations did not think of it sooner.

Dennis

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i tried to build a jeep online and could not find a diesel option???????
but i do like the fuel station gig, thats smart, and its all about perception
which is why the ex got killed
hummers get pooooor mpg but they are still around.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the online dezzle finders have been around for a while....
I just never had a need for it... always easy to find for me...

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HCAbowman said:
Well guys, Here is a question for you...I have a buddy here at work that is currently waiting on his new Jeep Liberty to come in, He has a chip on order, but was wondering if there are any other toys or mods out for it yet? Any help would be appriciated, I figured some of ya might have some knowledge in this department!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Have him try these sites...

http://jeepforum.com/forum/index.php

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/index.php

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/

http://www.youngs.org/kjparts/

Because of diesel prices the boss and I are commuting in her 03 Lib. I'm 6'2" and have no problems in it at all. I like the way the seats are, good vision and a kick to drive.

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys!! He is short, about 5'5 so he doesnt have any height issues, but he only had about 70 miles on her so far! He's impressed thus far!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58