John Wood Transmissions??

97DISEASEL

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Any of you west coast guys use John Wood? Saw him the Diesel Power mag a couple times and gave him a call. He personally called me back and answered all my questions. I found him very knowledgeable and helpfull.
I have a torque coverter code and truck stalls in reverse when hot. Look out bank account:eek:

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never heard anything bad about his transmissions. In all the years I've been on numerous Powerstroke forums, there are two E4OD shops mentioned in very high regard:

Brian's Truck Shop (BTS) in Lead Hill Arkansas (probably the #1 guy on these trannies and closer to you ... can't go wrong with BTS) and
John Wood Automotive

If no one else chimes in on John Wood here, you might want to head over to the SoCAPS (Southern California Powerstrokes) forums and ask the same question there.

Cheers!

wpecjak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put a JW trans in my truck in Feb. at his shop in Ca. I was able to watch him rebuild my trans, as he was talking me through why he was doing this and that. He also took the time to talk to me about my truck, as I am a newbie diesel truck owner. Towing my 5'er is a joy now, no slipping torque converter no neck popping up shifts and down shifts. Everything that I have read says he is one of the best, but the time and info that he gave to me, makes me feel he is the best. Even called him on a non trans related problem and again he took alot of time to explain what I was hearing and what needed to be done. Turns out he was right, over the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14