Junk ECU?

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
My chip has been failing me, when it does, i pull the chip. I put the chip back in and it works for awhile untill i have to yank it again. Well my check engine light came on again and i pulled the chip. The check engine light is still on and wont start. Did I fry my ECU? Can I fry my ECU? Im stranded with no way to get anywhere right now, not scanner to find a code. Any ideas?

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
well without a scanner i am screwed. Cant drive anywhere to get one, if it would matter, because i dont know where to get a scanner.

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
I got a scanner. It wouldnt scan. One of the wires is supposed to have 12 volts when key is on, but it does not. So I am still screwed. My fuses are fine. Found an ECU for 850 bucks but dont want to buy it till im sure of the problem.

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
The scanner I had could be used for powerstrokes. My uncle, who is a mechanic let me borrow it. I ran a wire from a 12 volt keyed source and it let the scanner read but did not read a code. I know, my uncle is a mechanic, why dont I just go see him? Its a long story and I live 45 min away. He is out of town right now and my father made a trip to bring me his scanner. Id like not to pay a tow charge and Id like not to pay a dealership to fix it. So far the only place I know that can work on diesels around here are dealerships. I will call tomorrow when places are open. I would like to buy a scanner, but if it is gonna cost me a boat load to fix my truck, then I wont be able to afford it. If push comes to shove, it will get towed. Im just worried a dealership will be the most expensive option. Seems to be my only option, sadly. Still think its my ECU.

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
Thanks Crumm. Searching on yahoo turned up very little. Thought I had a place for $250 but DP beat that. What happened was I kicked the cord that goes to my switch, somehow, while it was running and yanked the chip on accident. It was in a bad spot, since I have been toying with my chip, and got in the way of my foot. Thanks again!!!! I had it overnighted so it will be a load off if it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl