&%@#+ Jury Duty!!!!!!!!!!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
As most of you know, I've been going to school for over a year now with the goal of becoming a FAA licensed aircraft mechanic. Because the school is governed under the rules in FAA Federal Air Regulation part 147, class attendence is closely monitored and documented. Any missed class time, for any reason, must be made up, hour for hour.

About two weeks ago I got a notice for jury duty. I wrote a letter to the judge/court requesting to be excused. I explained my enrollment in school and how due to FAA regulations any class time I missed, I would have to make that class time up. A full day of jury duty would take me the better part of a week to make up the class time. One of my instructors, who is also a FAA mechanic examiner, wrote a letter verifiing my claims and explained that missed class would create a hardship for me.

Well I got home yesterday and had a message on the machine saying the judge refused to excuse me!!:cussing:

So this is what may end up happening:
1- I get stuck with a week long or more trial and miss an unmake-up-able amount of class.
2- I fail the semmester because of FAA attendence rules
3- I lose almost $4,000 in tuition & fees that in effect get flushed down the toilet.
4- I have to start the 2nd semester over again a year from now paying 100% of everything out of my own pocket
5- Endure another year of unemployment and no job.
6- I loose out on $35,000+ first year wages because any possible employment got pushed back at least a year.

OR
I tell the judge to kiss my arse and throw me in jail for contempt cause I don't give a sh*t cause he's an insensitive moron and he ruined my life

OR

I get a lawyer and sue the court/judge for financial damages, mental anguish and whatever. Is suing a court/judge even possible??

Suggestiions??????:dunno

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just show up and say "that guy is definately guilty, I can tell by just lookin at him!" Should get you "excused."

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
When they ask you a question, wait 30 to 40 seconds before answering. They don't like people that think.
Jim

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of some jury notifications having an "exception" list...one of them being higher education. Have you checked out the laws? I understand the NEED for finishing every hour of class....but I don't understand why they would re-charge you since jury duty (although how boring it may be) is required by law. Could you be found in contempt of court for trying to get kicked out of jury duty right afer you request dismisal?

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
just do what I did..
get stopped carrying a loaded revolver...
gets you a lifetime exemption

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just don't show .. it should not be allowed to cause financial hardship ,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14