New Owner! Just bought me a 2002 F-350...

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the SuperDutyDiesel Community and I'm also the first person in my family to ever own a Diesel.

My truck is a Grey 2002 F-350 Super Duty Long Bed Super Cab 4x4 with a 7.3L 4 speed automatic (w/OD). I absolutely love my truck.... but... I have had a problem with it.

My only problem I have is after driving the truck for... oh.. about 25 mins straight or so it decides it doesn't want to stay running and just dies on me. Luckily the times its decide to do that on me I was coming to a stop.

I have it with the Dealer ship right now and wont have it back till Monday or Tuesday.

Now the Dealer won't tell me/doesn't know what is wrong with it.

Can any of you help me out and give me some reassurance that my baby is going to be fine? lol

Tman123

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
My guess is the CPS or Cam Position Sensor. A small part located next to the timing cover. It is usually a good idea to carry a spare and a wrench so you don't get stranded on the Great Salt Lake.

Dave :)

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
x2 on that and make sure you get it from Ford. The aftermarket isnt good. Also WELCOME! :sweet

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Thanks guys I can pick one up from the Dealer for a whole $23.20!

Last edited:

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Thanks ATK and SilverStroke for the Welcomes.

The stupid guys at the Dealership I bought it from sent it over to a CHEVY Dealer to get fixed....... That was on Saturday when they did that. After 3 days of "working on it" they have come down to two problems with it.... the CPS is out (Which is what everyone I've talked to says) and/or its out of gas...... So I'm not too happy with the Dealer.... And on top of that they said they will not fill the tank because they have only a 5 gallon limit they can do.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14