Just got home with the new truck.

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home with the new truck. I love it so far. A quick review:
Ford really got this engine right. It has tons of power, but is very smooth. Where with the 6.0 you could step on it, count to 5, then get your neck snapped, the 6.7 has almost instant power, and is very predictable.
Tranny is good, it keeps the truck in a very tall gear, almost to a fault sometimes. I imagine ford was really chasing mpg's in the programming.
The ride is still on the rough side, but handling is like my Camry. Bump steer and the shake of death is no more.
The truck is quiet!!!! If it didn't have Powerstroke badging, you might have to ask if it was a diesel or just a big gas engine. It kinda sounds like a 6.0 GM gas. With the def, it doesn't even smell like a diesel anymore.
Fuel mileage is way better than I thought it would be. 18.5 mpg average for the first 600 miles. Mixed city/ 70mph highway. On side roads at 45-55 it is well into the 20's
The Sync system is thoroughly confusing. It might be better if I had the nav display screen in the dash but its too much stuff crammed onto a one line display. I am sure it will get better as I learn more of the functions and get more comfortable.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds Good. Now ENJOY.......:sweet:sweet

(we STILL havent figured out the Sync System on our Fusion. Nice but.....)

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg