Just how bad is the truck market??

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check this out....

A local dealer has a 2008 F-350 King Ranch, 4wd, Dually, with 33,000 miles for $30,995?!?!?:confused::dizzy:confused::dizzy:eek: Man, that is terrible. That truck was probably $50k plus, new.

Miles: 33,153
Stock #: 46704A
Vin: 1FTWW31R18EA42683
Year: 2008
Make: Ford
Model: F-350
Series: King Ranch
Body: 4 Door Crew Cab Truck
Engine: 6.4L V8 32V DCR OHV Turbo Diesel
Fuel: D
Transmission: Automatic
Ext. Color: White
Int. Color: Brown
MSRP: $36,555
Internet: $30,995

Accessories/Features

Exterior
Alloy Wheels, Body Side Moldings, Fog/Driving Lamps, Heated Side Mirrors, Running Boards, Tinted Glass, Two-Tone Paint

Interior
5 Passenger Seating, Air Conditioning, AM/FM Stereo, Auto Climate Controls, Auto Headlight On/Off, Bucket Seats, Clock, Compact Disc Player, Cruise Control, Cup Holders, Dual Zone Climate Control, Front Reading Lights, Heated Seats, HomeLink System, Intermittent Wipers, Keyless Entry, Leather, Leather Wrap Steering, Lighted Entry System, Lumbar Support, Map Pocket, Navigation System, Oil Pressure Gauge, Power Door Locks, Power Mirror, Power Outlet, Power Seat, Power Steering, Power Sunroof, Power Windows, Rear Fold Down Seat, Reclining Seats, Remote Key Pad Entry, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Tachometer, Tilt Wheel, Trip Computer, Trip Odometer, Vanity Mirror, Window Lock

Mechanical
4x4, ABS

Safety
Child Safety Locks, Dual Front Air Bags

Truck
Sliding Rear Window, Spray On Bed Liner, Towing Pkg

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008's get terrible mpg. Ford might be giving them away soon. :eek:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Dealers are sucking wind with new diesel trucks. I've had some email offers that were amazing. The place that sold me my truck actually called me on my cell to try to get me to buy a new unit. Problem is I could damn near scrap my current truck for what they want to give me for it. The new truck pricing structure is probably the lowest its going to get, what with employee pricing, rebates, fuel cards, etc. But all of us that already own a truck have taken a hard hit. Cheaper to keep her, as they say. If you really want to get depressed, go to Kelly Blue Book and see what your rides worth on the current market.

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices are going to take a big hit because of fuel and these trucks are no longer practical for daily drivers for many people unless their profession justifies the truck, as has been testified to here on this site many times.

My truck not counting the additional value from the conversion & other goodies puts the retail at around $9600, and trade in around $5700 with a private party value between the two. Granted I essentially stole my truck when I bought it but the retail value is still more than I paid for my truck when I bought it 5 years ago.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I really think its market area dependent right now, both coasts and large metro areas are suffering, here in the high desert and in rural areas the market is still pretty firm.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I'm seeing cherry OBS PSDs with low mileage on auto trader for great prices.

Now it the perfect time to scoop a used diesel (regardless of make) since the market is flooded with them and convert it to WVO.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought our truck, I ordered it just exactly with all the options that I wanted, because at my age, I felt that the truck would outlive me, so I had and still have no plan on getting another truck in the future. Since I only drive it when I need a truck, it should last a long time. It is paid for, so the only thing it is costing me is insurance, fuel and maintenance.
The good thing is that it is sitting in the carport, waiting for when I need it, so if it depreciates, that is ok because I do not plan on selling it or trading it in for another one, as long as it keeps running. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58