Just received my wicked wheel "blowby"

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my wicked wheel from member blowby. It was right on the time he said it would be here, and in the condition he stated.;tu Hope to get it installed this weekend. Think I'm gonna try doing it on the truck by the right up that is on here for the how to.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Post somewhere or shoot me a pm and let me know how it goes! I'm kicking around the idea of getting one eventually and I like to hear feedback from multiple people on how the install went and what the performance differences are.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering if there was any benefits of runnin this on a 7.3 i know most people use it for the fluttering 03 turbo fix
To the best of my knowledge its suppose to help cure some of the surge on all 99.5 to 03 7.3s. Its also suppose to be alot louder. I've read different opinions from people that have put them on their trucks. Some say its a heck of a difference in the seat of the pants feel and others say it doesnt do anything. For the price of mine I dont think I could go wrong either way! Someone else my chime in with more knowledge than myself on them.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge its suppose to help cure some of the surge on all 99.5 to 03 7.3s. Its also suppose to be alot louder. I've read different opinions from people that have put them on their trucks. Some say its a heck of a difference in the seat of the pants feel and others say it doesnt do anything. For the price of mine I dont think I could go wrong either way! Someone else my chime in with more knowledge than myself on them.

Just FWIW ? I've installed 50/60+, of'm. Every Single guy, or gal, either came back by, or called me to say what a difference it made. All positive.

It's supposedly, not an absolute >CURE< for the surge, on a stock Turbo... but it's REAL Darn close. There is still some issues about the stock intake port CFM capabilities. A Ported Shroud is supposed to fix that but IMO (?) not worth the Bucko's..

Mine's been on for 100K.. I can't feel any Surge :dunno

I'm Not the GURU.. Just an 'Ol Guy that's installed a Bunch of'm.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FWIW ? I've installed 50/60+, of'm. Every Single guy, or gal, either came back by, or called me to say what a difference it made. All positive.

It's supposedly, not an absolute >CURE< for the surge, on a stock Turbo... but it's REAL Darn close. There is still some issues about the stock intake port CFM capabilities. A Ported Shroud is supposed to fix that but IMO (?) not worth the Bucko's..

Mine's been on for 100K.. I can't feel any Surge :dunno

I'm Not the GURU.. Just an 'Ol Guy that's installed a Bunch of'm.
I knew somebody would be along with more knowledge than myself!;tu What is the ported shroud your talking about Joe? Could you gimme a little insight on that. I hadnt heard about that one.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew somebody would be along with more knowledge than myself!;tu What is the ported shroud your talking about Joe? Could you gimme a little insight on that. I hadnt heard about that one.

It's the Turbo half (shroud) that yer going to remove to install the W/Wheel. A Ported Shroud is, or has been Ported.. Or, the inlet opening has been machined out to a bigger Diameter... to allow more air in.

Many of the Site sponsors sell'm.

Joe

On Edit ? If my Post reads like I have a Ported Shroud ? I Don't. It's the stock Origonal.

Last edited:

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. Those things are probably a pretty penny so I think I'll just stick with my stocker!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14