Just registered...

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:sweet :sweet Nice lookin Rig. Glad that you found this site. Enjoy all the help you found a good place.

PA 6.0

New without a clue
Reaction score
Good lookin' truck and the best colors. Of course I'm a little biased if you check my avatar!

I'm just above Hanover PA, so I'm pretty close to you.:sweet

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome PA 6.0. Yes there are a lot of Texans here.:D But we still manage some how. Stick around and post often. :)

Dave :)

BLK PWRSTROKE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Question...

I'm thinking of swapping out my brand new 315/70/17 (34.5") BFG AT's for some 37x17 Toyo Open Country MTs on 17x9 American Racing Trax wheels.

Not sure if 37's will even fit under my 4" lift? :dunno

Here's a before pic of the BFGs on my stock wheels now.... AND a photoshopped pic of what 37's might look like on the Trax wheel.

Should I do it? :dunno

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37's will probably hit backside of your fenders, inner fenders and front bumper skirt when turning. I had a 6 inch in my 02 and 37 inch irok super swampers just barely cleared. (I had to trim the front bumper skirt) In order to clear my 38's on 20x10 wheels I had to jump up to an 8 inch and then added another 2 inches (shackle and hanger kit) just for safety. 35's are about max for a 4 inch you might be able to fit 36's but I doubt they will clear without hitting something.

BLK PWRSTROKE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
37's will probably hit backside of your fenders, inner fenders and front bumper skirt when turning. I had a 6 inch in my 02 and 37 inch irok super swampers just barely cleared. (I had to trim the front bumper skirt) In order to clear my 38's on 20x10 wheels I had to jump up to an 8 inch and then added another 2 inches (shackle and hanger kit) just for safety. 35's are about max for a 4 inch you might be able to fit 36's but I doubt they will clear without hitting something.

What's a shackle and hanger kit, a body lift? Can I do another 2" body lift to get the 37's to work?

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A shackle and hanger kit is only good for the leaf spring front end. (99-04) It just relocates the front springs down lower. You could do a body lift to your truck but most of manufactures don't reccomend body lifts for diesel trucks. Another option would be to see how much it would cost to upgrade your 4" to a 6". Sometimes some of the parts are the same therefore you might only need a couple of pieces.

Last edited:

BLK PWRSTROKE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A shackle and hanger kit is only good for the leaf spring front end. (99-04) It just relocates the front springs down lower. You could do a body lift to your truck but most of manufactures don't reccomend body lifts for diesel trucks. Another option would be to see how much it would cost to upgrade your 4" to a 6". Sometimes some of the parts are the same therefore you might only need a couple of pieces.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to look into that. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58