Just want to make a statement, exhaust

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a 4" turbo back Magnaflow kit. Came witht he parts/hardware to run Cat or no cat. and can be switched out if need be... ie warranty. I kept my stock downpipe, Cat, and pipe after the cat incase "need be" situtations. So the stock tail pipe section is trashed.

I started by removing the stock muffler, and yes it was a good improvement over stock.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the innards of the cat are made of somethign brittle, would it be possible to bust out the innards of the cat?

atk

Reaction score
Since the innards of the cat are made of somethign brittle, would it be possible to bust out the innards of the cat?

yep....:sly ....but if you have to go for an emission test in the future, you will need the cat functional....always best to use a test pipe

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did buy the cat delete pipe from diesel performance, The neck of the pipe that bolts to the down pipe is choked down to 2.5" , Wasted money.
Why use this pipe? Maby someone else makes a test pipe that doesnt choke the flow?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dennis -

when you consider that 'choke' down is the same as the FACTORY
cat fitting, plus the catalysis inside the factory cat, youll STILL
be flowing more & restricting less heat.

if you dont like the "choke" down then you could always cut the
flange off the down pipe and clamp a pipe on...but then you wouldnt
be able to bolt the cat back on, if you ever needed.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I also put a chrome tip on the end of the exhaust.
Thanks, Shane

I'll give you bonus points for the chrome tip, heres +10
smilie_daumenpos.gif

newt92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with not cutting or gutting the factory cat. I got my test pipe from the dealer. Not the dealer I bought the truck from but another. I have had my truck in for warranty work several occasions and never put the cat back on. I have one of the good dealers I guess. Even the dealer I got the cat delete pipe would work on my truck also without a problem. Helps that I stop often and visit and have good relations with the service dept. Plus small towns help!:D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I agree with not cutting or gutting the factory cat. I got my test pipe from the dealer. Not the dealer I bought the truck from but another. I have had my truck in for warranty work several occasions and never put the cat back on. I have one of the good dealers I guess. Even the dealer I got the cat delete pipe would work on my truck also without a problem. Helps that I stop often and visit and have good relations with the service dept. Plus small towns help!:D

I second that. Having a good, friendly relationship with the dealer is a good thing. :sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i recently recieved my yearly examine results from my kitty's vet :sly
diagnosis is still restricted breathing
prognosis is keep her off until the breathing tube can be cleared of restrictions :eek:

egts run 200-300 lower
towing egts reflect the same drop of egts

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a turbo back off road MBRP kit that does not have a bolt on flange for the test pipe. It is 4" all the way back no bottleneck and when i need to put the cat back in I just replace the test pipe with the cat with expanders and reducers on either end. Looked a bit funny/ choppy (about 6 ubolts) but it worked for the dealer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14