Keep or Trade Up

yogi154

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello to all Ok I'm new so go easy
Here's my question Keep Big Red or trade up ??? I have a
2000 F250 Lariat PSD 4w ext cab shorty with 52k owned since day one never failed .I have a company truck so red sits in the barn all week.I bought a fifth wheel camper pulls OK but wonder if I'm down on power Hey I'm not in a hurry. Will I need to mod the trans ?or what mods would you recommend ???
If I trads up I would look at a F350 or F450 but I'm not sure
Thanks for your Help
Yogi

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Man o man................ that truck is a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are mods to do to the 7.3L that will wake her right up and it will walk along side the 06's no prob. I'm assuming that the '00 is paid for so........

Guages,Intake and exhaust mods, turbo mods, chip mods, injector mods, tranny mods............ how much horse do you want?

Welcome to SDD by the way.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Man o man................ that truck is a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are mods to do to the 7.3L that will wake her right up and it will walk along side the 06's no prob. I'm assuming that the '00 is paid for so........

Guages,Intake and exhaust mods, turbo mods, chip mods, injector mods, tranny mods............ how much horse do you want?

Welcome to SDD by the way.

"WHAT HE SAID!!!!!" sounds like its been a great truck, and with lowmiles. it ain't even broke in yet. i say its time to opener right on up. 95 stroker is right on it.:thumbs

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, yogi154 and welcome to a fine place to learn about your old truck or a new one if that's what you want. First off we don't know where you are from, but you did at least tell us about your truck.
You have a fine truck and lots of mod's can be done to it to make it a fine trailer puller and it will cost a lot less than buying a new truck. What trailer and how much does it wt.
Are you thinking about retirement and using a RV a lot more, if so you may want to trade up to a Crew Cab F-350 or 450.
If you keep the one you have now, do this first. Gauges and exhaust mod's.
Also( Warning) PMS has been know to take over your mind when up grading your truck. Please be carefully. More about that later.:roflmao :roflmao

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
Welcome.. dont even dream of letting that thing go!...if your worried about not being able to handle the weight of a 5th wheel, dont.. but if ya are there a much cheaper way then buying a new truck Air suspension helpers like firestones, or airlifts... and if your worried about the tires, dont.. but if ya insist.. there are places that sell rims that you can up grade to F, G, &H load range tire (same tires on semi's) http://ricksontruck.com/ for example..
as far as performance Gauges first!!!! then air intake (may i suggest stage 2 by afe) exhaust (true 4 inch [hog, or mbrp]), chip (everyone has there preference i just suggest you go with something adjustable on the fly). after those mods then come and ask us again theres more then you can imagine for you truck....

good luck and enjoy!

yogi154

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for All the replys that was quick Yes Big Red is paid for. I installed Firestone air bags rides great Thinking about the exhaust next how about an exhaust brake ? and what kind of gauges ,who's air intake??will the trans hold up??did a flush already . What kind of a cooler ??
The trailer weights in at 12,300 loaded 9450 empty I think I'll be close to 11,000 loaded . Thanks for all your replys Yogi

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
This coming from a person who has a company vehicle and only puts about 3,000 miles a year on his personal truck. I would keep since it is paid for. Also you have low mileage on the truck. No since in getting rid of it if you are only driving everyonce and awhile plus the bonus is it is paid for. I now pay close to $650 a month on a truck payment and don't use the truck much at all. But I'm young and credit will mean everything for me later. I would at least put a pyro, boost, and trans temp guages since you want to pull. Exhaust upgrade (not to wild) and maybe a good tow tune. I wouldn't worry about the trans unless you are really worry about hurting it then I would suggest a shift kit and a good TC and a deeper pan for more fluid to allow the trans to run cooler. The air bags help alot. Intake, 2 choices in my opinion. The 7.3L Heavy duty filter kit from Ford or a Tymar. Cooler? if your meaning trans upgrade it to a 6.0L trans cooler. They cool alot better than the 7.3L trans cooler. Otherwise you have a sweet cherry on your hands.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Hang on to your 2000 it's a great truck with loads of potential. Our sponsors have as good of prices as anyone out there, and they help keep this site here.

How much power do you want? You can have more power than a new one and no emissions for less than a new one:cool: How's that sound?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Keep your old truck AND buy a new one. Your local dealership will thank you! :roflmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58