Keeping my truck stock

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford along with GM and Dodge are all having financial problems. I would think at this time they will go out of their way to find ANY modifications to our trucks so that they can get out of the warrentees. It might be prudent to keep our trucks stock until after the warrentee's are up. Just about anything on our trucks costs an arm and leg to replace. Just my two cents....

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Maxtor said:
Ford along with GM and Dodge are all having financial problems. I would think at this time they will go out of their way to find ANY modifications to our trucks so that they can get out of the warrentees. It might be prudent to keep our trucks stock until after the warrentee's are up. Just about anything on our trucks costs an arm and leg to replace. Just my two cents....

i believe that is very good advise. i kept everything stock on mine until 105,000, with the exception of a K&N gen II air filter.

and, even after you have done all the MODS, dont abuse your truck, or you will pay for it out your :bootyshak

i have experience in this area as of this monday. tore my tranny up.-mad

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided when I bought mine that it would stay stock until out of warranty. After buying the truck (and saving up for the camper and car hauler), I just can't take the chance with truck...

jwaring

Jim
Reaction score
I think I'll probably stay stock as well. Except for maybe an exhaust system. Either way, Stephen's right- runnin a truck too hard with tear something up. How's the new tranny Bama?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
jwaring said:
I think I'll probably stay stock as well. Except for maybe an exhaust system. Either way, Stephen's right- runnin a truck too hard with tear something up. How's the new tranny Bama?

its doin fine. alittle stiff feelin tho, service manager said that was normal.

jwaring

Jim
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about the tranny toubles. I read through your post and I think I'll take it easier than I have been. If nothin else, you may have saved me from doing the same thing down the road!

Don't worry about the new one, she’ll loosen up…

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My $.00002 cents and Personal opinion? :)

I don't think they are trying any harder....
they've always tried to make sure it wasn't what they considered abuse... and do you blame them ?

i mean, if you don't run an air cleaner for 20K miles thru the desert,
should Ferd be responsible for the turbo failure ?
(and have heard reports of turbo repairs being denied if k&n filters are installed- reported to not filter well enough :) )

bottom line - to each his own.... if you wanna play, be prepared to pay :)

but personally, I guess I'm too spoiled by the "responsiveness" of the 6-oh to a tuner and would rather not lug around stock :)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
My $.00002 cents and Personal opinion? :)

I don't think they are trying any harder....
they've always tried to make sure it wasn't what they considered abuse... and do you blame them ?

your post is not real clear to me who the "they" is, and really what your talkin about, as related to this thread.

please explain further and in more detail if you dont mind. thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14