Question kem 345 tune questions

forplynu2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I purchased the Minni max, 5" straight exhaust and also added the kem 345 tune. I have heard lot's of good things about this tune. The thing is can I run this tune safely on my otherwise stock truck. It's an 08 f250 short bed ect... Basicly am I going to burn up the trans? If so what mods should I do. Second thing is what about fuel what do I need as far as runnung the 345 tune? I have also read about the air dogII and the fass fuel systems. Are they really worth the money? Thank's for your help! Erik

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trans is actually really tough but if you get stupid you'll wipe out the converter. Watch the slip numbers is the unit you picked will display it, I really hope it does, and keep it as low as possible. If the converter starts to go you'll smoke the fluid and then take out the trany, no trany will live after that.

forplynu2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks, I plan on a suncoast torque converter later on, I just want to run what I got and dont plan on pumping it up any more. Do you think the egr delete is worth it or is just shuting it off through the programmer good enough? Thanks Erik

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya suncoast's trans and converters are apparently the way to go.

Yes the EGR full deletes are worth it especialy with awaste gate but that's a few bucks, blocker plates are so so and almost as much work as doing a full delete.

I don't think just turning off the EGR is advisable without other work being done, maybe some one else will post up.

forplynu2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wastegate? Where would I find that? I have not seen them on any performance diesel web sites, I will have do do some looking around on the forum. Thanks EW

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58